priceline.com Summer Road Trip Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR TEXT MESSAGING IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE OR TEXT MESSAGE DOES NOT IMPROVE ONES CHANCES OF WINNING. STANDARD MESSAGING/DATA RATES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL APPLY FOR ENTRIES OBTAINED VIA MOBILE PHONE/DEVICE. MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE FROM ALL SERVICE PROVIDERS OR FOR ALL HANDSETS. CHECK WITH YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER FOR DETAILS. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: The priceline.com Summer Road Trip Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is only open to permanent legal residents of the forty eight (48) contiguous states of the United States ("U.S.") and the District of Columbia ("D.C.") (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions) who are currently physically located and residing therein, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry, and who possess a valid driver’s license. Entrants must also have either a valid social security number and/or a valid U.S. personal tax identification number. Employees of priceline.com LLC ("Sponsor"), Sweepstakes administrator, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, franchisees, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers, car dealership personnel, any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively "Sweepstakes Entities") and/or members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents) and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
2. Sweepstakes Period: For all purposes of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor’s computer is the official clock and all times refer to Eastern Time ("ET"). The Sweepstakes period begins at 12:00:00 p.m. ET on June 30, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on July 31, 2014 ("Sweepstakes Period").
3. How to Enter: Entrants must first go to the following website http://www.priceline.com/ ("Website") to enter. Then entrants must click the "priceline.com Summer Road Trip Sweepstakes" tab, thumbnail, or link and follow the instructions to either (i) submit their cell phone number to receive a text invitation to download the Priceline App and thereafter complete and submit the entry form by providing the following information: First Name, Last Name, and Email Address (collectively, "Online Entry Information"). After completing and submitting the Online Entry Information, said entrant will then receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes ("Online Entry"). Limit one (1) Online Entry per person (based on email address) throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Online Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on July 31, 2014. Note: To successfully sign up for the Priceline App, which is free, an entrant will also have to create a password; however the password will not be collected and/or used for any Sweepstakes purposes. Go to the following URL to see the devices the Priceline App will work on: http://www.priceline.com/download-priceline-negotiator-app. To enter without a mobile phone, legibly hand-print the following information on a standard sized postcard or on a piece of paper: First Name, Last Name, Complete Home Address (no P.O. Boxes), Date of Birth, Telephone Number (including area code), and Email Address ("Mail Entry Information") and send in a self-addressed standard size #10 envelope with proper postage affixed to: priceline.com Summer Road Trip Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 6249, Burbank, CA 91510 ("Mail Entry"). Mail Entries must be postmarked by July 31, 2014 and received by August 7, 2014. No copies, facsimiles, or reproductions of Mail Entries will be accepted. Limit one (1) Mail Entry per person throughout the Sweepstakes Period. ENTRANTS CAN ONLY ENTER BY ONE (1) METHOD OF ENTRY. ENTRANTS CANNOT USE BOTH METHODS OF ENTRY TO ENTER.
4. Prize/Odds of Winning: One (1) prize will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. The prize consists of a 2014 MINI Cooper S Roadster with factory options (manufacturer suggested retail price: $29,000.00), driving lamps in black ($620.00), black bonnet stripes for ($118.00), destination and handling fee ($795.00), and a check in the amount of $4,000 made out to the winner to help offset tax, title, and registration costs. The Total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of prize: $34,533.00. Odds of winning the prize depends on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The MINI name, model names and logo are registered trademarks of MINI, a division of BMW of North America, LLC. MINI, a division of BMW of North America, LLC, does not support or endorse this promotion. Vehicle only delivered within the forty eight (48) contiguous states of the U.S. (including D.C.; excluding Alaska and Hawaii). Winner will take delivery of vehicle from an authorized dealer located near winner’s residence as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will use all reasonable efforts, subject to availability, to deliver vehicle within ninety (90) days of receipt of completed Affidavit/Release (defined in section six below). Sponsor is not responsible for delays in delivery. In order to accept the vehicle, winner is required to personally retrieve vehicle and must possess and present adequate personal identification, evidence of legally required insurance, and a valid U.S. driver’s license. Winner bears risk of damage to vehicle after delivery to specified delivery site and vehicle is forfeited if not picked up within thirty (30) days after delivery to the site. Vehicle shown may not be actual vehicle delivered. All reasonable efforts shall be used to provide the same model and year as shown or at least a vehicle having substantially the same dealer cost. Winner is solely responsible for all travel transportation costs for collecting vehicle except that Sponsor will pay all transportation costs of delivering vehicle to an authorized dealer in the contiguous forty eight (48) states. Winner is solely responsible for all sales tax, luxury tax, title and license fees, registration fees, insurance, additional options, and any other costs incurred in claiming, registering, or using the vehicle. Color and any additional options/upgrades are subject to availability and the dealer’s sole discretion at the time vehicle is ordered. All expenses associated with the receipt or use of the prize not specifically mentioned as being included (e.g. any requested upgrades/options) are excluded and is winner’s sole responsibility. No cash equivalent for the prize(s) will be available. Prize(s) is not transferable. However, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, choose to substitute the prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability or for any other reason. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to replace prize (or prize component) with a similar prize; but, in such event, Sponsor will continue to use the value of the "old" (i.e., replaced) item/component for purposes of calculating the ARV. The prize(s) and prize notification(s) will only be sent to addresses within the forty eight (48) contiguous states of the U.S. (including D.C.; excluding Alaska and Hawaii). Any depiction of prize(s) in Sweepstakes materials or otherwise are for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including but not limited to income taxes) arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or award of any prize(s) will be the sole responsibility of the winner(s). Winner of a prize valued at $600 or more will be issued an IRS Form 1099 from the Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee for the total ARV of the prize won (as stated herein) in the calendar year won. The Sweepstakes administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize.
5. Drawing: Potential winner will be randomly selected in a drawing held by the Sweepstakes administrator located in Burbank, CA on or about August 8, 2014 ("Drawing Date") from among all eligible Entries received.
6. Notification of Winner: Potential winner (if from a state that deems winner to be a Minor, his/her parent/legal guardian) will be notified via email by the Sweepstakes administrator at the email address provided with his/her Entry within approximately two (2) days of the Drawing Date. Potential winner will have three (3) business days to respond to the email notification. If a potential winner does not respond within three (3) business days; is found to be ineligible; if he/she does not comply with these Official Rules; if his/her prize or prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Potential winner will be required to sign, execute, have notarized and return an original unmodified Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, (where legal) a Publicity Release and any other documentation that Sponsor and/or the Sweepstakes administrator requires (collectively "Affidavit/Release") within five (5) business days after receipt by the potential winner or such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner for such prize may be selected. If potential winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a Minor, his/her parent/legal guardian will be required to sign the Affidavit/Release on his/her behalf. By returning the completed Affidavit/Release, winner attests to the provisions stated therein including the accuracy of the information contained therein and compliance with these Official Rules.
8. Disclaimers: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for Entries that are illegible, late, tampered with, forged, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, damaged, lost, misplaced, stolen, destroyed, mechanically duplicated and mass machine printed, postage-due, mutilated, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and such Entries will be disqualified. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree and acknowledge that the Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with: participation in this Sweepstakes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry Information; acceptance/possession, use/misuse, and/or defects of the prize(s) awarded herein; typographical errors in Sweepstakes promotional material; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or internet service provider utilized by Sweepstakes; interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, the Website, or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer/mobile device and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. Entrants further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, and hereby acknowledge that said Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty except for the express standard vehicle limited warranties provided solely by the car maker/dealership in the owner"s manual, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with a prize. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, death, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused by or have contributed to (1) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the prize supplier or any of its agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) any ￼￼ wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor, or (3) any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsor or its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Apple Inc. and each of its respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded. Apple Inc. and its affiliates have not offered or sponsored this Sweepstakes in any way. Google and each of its respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded. Google and its affiliates have not offered or sponsored this Sweepstakes in any way.
9. GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION, ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the state of Connecticut without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this agreement, its enforcement, arbitrability or interpretation shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration, to be held in Fairfield County, Connecticut, before a single arbitrator. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of Sponsor(s) and the entrant or entrants bringing forth the controversy or claim (collectively, the "Parties") or, if the Parties cannot agree, then by striking from a list of arbitrators supplied by the American Arbitration Association or JAMS/Endispute. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitrator shall issue a written opinion stating the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator"s award is based. The Parties will share equally in payment of the arbitrator"s fees and arbitration expenses and any other costs unique to the arbitration hearing (recognizing that each side bears its own deposition, witness, expert and attorneys" fees and other expenses to the same extent as if the matter were being heard in court). Entrant(s) agrees that his/her claim will be resolved individually, exclusively by arbitration, without resort to any form of class action. Entrant(s) further agrees that any claim/judgment/award in such arbitration shall be limited to actual out- of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys" fees; and, under no circumstances, will an entrant(s) be entitled to awards for and entrant(s) hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this section be deemed void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
10. Name of Winner: To receive the winner’s name or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: priceline.com Summer Road Trip Sweepstakes "Winner’s List" or "Sweeps Rules" (specify which), 800 Connecticut Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06854. All requests must be received by October 1, 2014. The Official Rules will be available on the Website during the entire Sweepstakes. Name of winner may also be posted on the Website.
11. Sponsor: priceline.com LLC, 800 Connecticut Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06854.
©2014 Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc. Participants may copy these Official Rules for personal use only and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever. All rights reserved.