Hotel Guest Rating: 5.3/10
956 Washington Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Welcome to the Hotel Astor
One of the true preserved hotel jewels from Miami's Art Deco past, the non-smoking Hotel Astor further charms guests with its free airport drop-off service and retro-decorated rooms.
Built in 1936, the Astor is housed in a renovated Art Deco building with a black-and-white lobby, vintage Vornado fan and Vitrolite glass wall panel. Imagine yourself on a 1930s movie set. The hotel so evokes vintage Deco style that it is used for photo shoots and featured on architectural tours. The three-floor hotel has 40 rooms, all decorated in nautical Art Deco style with frosted glass and faux ocean liner portholes. Rest your head on the plush beds with down duvets, and tune in to your favorite program on the flat-screen TV with premium cable. Wi-Fi is available for an additional charge. Rest and relaxation is the name of the game on the garden patio and in the lobby bar with a soothing waterfall wall. Savor signature ceviches and Cuban-inspired cuisine in the hotel restaurant, which looks out on the patio. The hotel has a fitness center and lobby computers with free internet access for guest use. Parking is available for an extra fee.
The Astor is on Washington Avenue at 10th Street, a two-block walk from Ocean Drive and across Lummus Park from the beach. The hotel provides beach towels, two lounge chairs, and an umbrella. Ride the waves on a WaveRunner, available for rental on the beach. If shopping floats your boat, the Lincoln Road Mall pedestrian esplanade is seven blocks north of the hotel.
Guests are treated to genuine Art Deco at its best at the beach-ready Hotel Astor.
Hotel Astor Amenities
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Accessible facilities
- Air conditioning
- Alarm clock
- AM/FM radio
- ATM/Cash machine
- Bell staff/porter
- Breakfast served in restaurant
- Cable television
- Children welcome
- Cocktail lounge
- Color television
- Complimentary in-room coffee or tea
- Concierge desk
- Dinner served in restaurant
- Direct dial telephone
- Express check-out
- Fire safety compliant
- Front desk
- High speed internet access
- High speed internet access fee
- High speed internet access for laptop in public areas
- Housekeeping - daily
- Ice machine
- Interior corridors
- Ironing board
- Limited service housekeeping
- Lobby coffee service
- Lunch served in restaurant
- Meeting rooms
- Non-smoking rooms (generic)
- Parking fee managed by hotel
- Pets allowed
- Photocopy center
- Private bath or shower
- Public area air conditioned
- Remote control television
- Room service
- Safe deposit box
- Valet parking
- Wakeup service
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
Please note: The Resort Fee includes the following:1. Daily continental breakfast2. Welcome drink3. WiFi in room/common area4. Beach towels5. Phone calls6. In-room safe7. 2 bottles of waterGuests under the age of 18 can only check in with a parent or official guardian.Service charge includes the following:-Internet access-Unlimited local phone calls-Computer access-Beach chairs and towels. Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Hotel Guest Reviews of the Hotel AstorOur hotel ratings and reviews are from real hotel guests. Priceline.com ensures that its reviews are guests-only by proactively sending hotel surveys to customers after they've completed their hotel stays. In the post-stay surveys, priceline.com hotel customers are asked a number of questions about their stay and the hotel. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, the survey asks guests to rate their overall experience and specifically rate the hotel's cleanliness, staff and location. Priceline.com does not allow site visitors to post unsolicited hotel reviews.
September 3, 2014
August 5, 2014
Clean, well organized, everything was functional and we had no issues. As a matter of fact our TV was having issues we called down to have someone come and fix it, 7 minutes later some one was at our room door to deal with the problem. I was pleasantly surprised. This is a little jewel in the heart of SOBE. Close enough to all clubs, beach, restaurants, and other shops.
March 16, 2014
August 28, 2013
The carpet in the room was a little old and didn't feel like walking on it. The wardrobe was broken and there was no electrical point close to the bed so I could't keep my phone close to me that is pretty annoying. Hair dryer was broken so I had to ask the staff bring a new one and then another again...I almost hurt myself with an electric shock. Water was not warm enough. I wasn't aware about the extra 11 dollars for the beach towels and the Internet and your website should review it. ...
July 3, 2013
We stayed at Hotel Astor in Miami for a few days. When we checked in we got a free room upgrade which was amazing! The room looked like a little apartment and had a modern vibe. There were 2 leather couches and a coffee table in the living room with a small fridge and countertop. The bedroom had a very comfortable king size bed with a big closet. As for the bathroom, that could be updated a bit but it was clean! Overall, we had a very enjoyable stay. We would definitley come back. The front desk was very helpful too! ...
May 17, 2013
XXX and they only showed a
XXX upfront payment???? Still trying to work that out unfortunately....
If you are looking for a place to sleep and shower with easy access to Ocean Street - book it! It's nothing fancy but we got our money's worth. I recommend if you aren't trying to impress anyone. BE CAREFUL when you get your bill - ours was a nightmare but they did a good job of adjusting and fixing it - price we paid Priceline was not what they showed in their system.
May 16, 2013
February 27, 2013
1. Was initially assigned a room that was located in the stairwell--that's right, IN THE STAIRWELL. After searching for a few minutes to find the room, a staff member I passed in the hallway pointed me in the wrong direction, i.e., he had no idea where the room was. Front desk clerk's response was that they have several rooms in their stairwells, it's legal, and some of theirs doors were replaced but didn't have room numbers put on them yet. Would of course have been helpful to let me know that before I walked down the hallway looking for that room number.2. WiFi guest password for hotel didn't work and front desk clerk didn't know how to solve the problem. 3. Parking was absolutely ridiculous as was traffic on this street. Took nearly 45 minutes to go four blocks down Washington Avenue on a Sunday at 5:00 PM. 4. New room to which I was assigned was nicely designed but was not especially clean. 5. TV volume control did not work.6. The bathroom shower was heavenly.7. Hallway and rooms had no carpeting to absorb noise. Windows did not adequately block the significant street noise. Decided to drive home rather than stay over because of the noise. ...
February 4, 2013
Overall Poor, Staff couldn't accomodate/help my poor/broken conditions either
October 3, 2012
not working and was staying on the 3rd floor.
(1 - 10 of 10 reviews)
- Chelsea Hotel from $138 (0mi)
- Blue Moon, Autograph Collection By Marriott from $220 (0.1mi)
- Chesterfield Hotel from $108 (0.1mi)
- Clevelander Hotel from $255 (0.1mi)
- Essex House Hotel And Suites from $195 (0.1mi)
- Starlight Hotel (0.2mi)
- Time Cafe (0.2mi)
- Senor Frogs (0.3mi)
- Miss Saigon Bistro (0.4mi)
- Joia Restaurant (0.7mi)
- Jungle Island (2.6mi)
- Bayfront Park (3.4mi)
- Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts (3.5mi)
- Freedom Tower (3.5mi)
Most Popular Guest-Rated Hotels in Miami
Most Popular Business-Friendly Hotels in Miami
- Aloft Miami Doral
- Best Western Plus Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites
- Best Western Plus Kendall Hotel & Suites
Most Popular Romantic Hotels in Miami
Most Popular Family-Friendly Hotels in Miami
- Fortune House Hotel Luxury Apartment Suites
- Residence Inn Miami Airport
- La Quinta Inn Miami Airport West